My name is Jill Nuebel. I am married to Mike Nuebel and we live in Parkston. We have three children. Grant is 22 years old and lives in Lincoln, NE. Mya is 16 years old and will be a Junior at Parkston High school. Burke is 11 years old and will be a 6th grader at Parkston Middle School!
I am the Agency Manger for Avera@Home Home Health and Hospice agency based out of Yankton, SD. With this role I have been given the honor of working in lots of different communities across our service area like Yankton, Vermillion, Freeman, Wagner, Gregory, Winner, O’neill (NE), Hartington (NE), Creighton (NE), and everything in between those communities. I really love the work I do. Being able to help people stay in their homes as long as possible is my favorite part!
Questions of Interest:
- Why are you running for the Parkston Board of Education? I am interested in running again for the Parkston Board of Education, because I have truly enjoyed the last 3 years on the board. I have learned so much about our school district and community. I have a new appreciation for all the hard work that goes into what makes our school run smoothly and efficiently. I would like to continue on the board to help make sure that our children and employees at the school have a successful environment to learn and grow in.
- If elected, what will be your priorities for the district? The number one priority are the children in our school district! Whatever will help them get their best education, be safe, and be their best is my goal! I think another priority are the employees of our school and being able to help get them what they need to best educate our children and continue to find passion in the work they do every day!
- Is there a particular issue that motivates you to serve on the board of education? There is no one particular issue, however I will say, I have truly enjoyed being more engaged in the Parkston community and school system by being on the board the last 3 years. I have been able to serve so many people in so many positive ways. I have really enjoyed getting to learn about the school, our processes that help make it successful, and getting to be a part of helping to make it even better than it already is.
- What particular experiences or skills have prepared you to serve as a board member? I have served on the Parkston board of education for the last 3 years, with the most current year being the board President. I think the experience I bring with having been on the board for the last 3 years is invaluable.
My current role as agency manager for Avera@Home serves this role in many ways as well. First because my current role is very community focused, I bring that same broad view to the board from the school perspective. Second, I am a nurse by trade. I believe having someone on the board with a health care back ground is very important. Third, I serve in a leadership role at my current job and I believe this has served me well in so many ways in my board of education role. I also believe having had my own children in every level of the school from Grade School to Middle School to High School helps bring a well-rounded view of the school to the board. Throughout all of those years my children have been involved in many activities at the school so I understand what those activities need, and for those they have not been involved in, I have tried to attend their activities to learn about what they need and see how their activity works.
- In what Parkton School District or community activities/organizations have you been involved with? In the past, I have been on the Parent-Teacher organization board, a band leader with Sacred Heart Church Parish, a board member for Parkston Swim Team, and a cheer coach at Parkston School. Most recently I help the Parkston High School Volleyball team as their libero tracker. I have also volunteered for many different community and school activities over the last 18 years of living in Parkston.