School Board Candidate Bio:
Please provide some insight to who you are, your family, and the work you do. (A response in narrative format is fine).
My wife Jennifer and I have been married for 17 years and live south of Parkston on our family farm. Jennifer works full-time in Mitchell at Farm Credit Services of America. We have four children, Levi, Lucy, Lydia, and Lauryn. I farm full time, on our farm we raise cattle and sheep along with corn, soybeans, winter wheat and alfalfa. I was born in Parkston and attended K-12 in the Parkston School District.
Questions of Interest:
- Why are you running for the Parkston Board of Education?
I have four children that attended school in the Parkston School District. I would like to do my part in making sure that Parkston provides a quality education for every one of its students. I also feel that it is my time as a parent to step up and take part in how my children are educated.
2. If elected, what will be your priorities for the district?
If elected, I would like to see the district move forward and grow to meet the needs of our students and our community and do so in a fiscally responsible way.
3. Is there a particular issue that motivates you to serve on the board of education?
The main issue that has motivated me to run for the school board are the mask mandates that have been in place the two previous school years.
4. What particular experiences or skills have prepared you to serve as a board member?
I am currently on the Board of Directors for Agland Coop and a German Township board member. I am also a self-employed farmer who must make financial and business decisions every day.
5. In what Parkton School District or community activities/organizations have you been involved with?
I am a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Parkston.