School Board Candidate Bio:
Please provide some insight to who you are, your family, and the work you do. (A response in narrative format is fine).
My name is Scott Thuringer. I grew up on a farm West of Parkton and graduated from Parkston High School. I attended USD and graduated with a major in Psychology and a minor in Public Relations. Following college graduation, I married my wife, Ann, and we moved to Parkston and started our family. Our daughter, Mya, will be a Sophomore next year and our son, Zach, will be in 7th Grade next year. I have worked as an insurance adjuster for the past 22 years and I also farm.
The Parkston community and surrounding communities have been wonderful to us, and I want to give back to these communities and serve them in any way that I can.
Questions of Interest:
- Why are you running for the Parkston Board of Education?
- If elected, what will be your priorities for the district?
- Is there a particular issue that motivates you to serve on the board of education?
- What particular experiences or skills have prepared you to serve as a board member?
- In what Parkton School District or community activities/organizations have you been involved with?
1. I feel that Parkston has an amazing school with wonderful staff and students and I would like to be a part of that group.
2. My top priority would be to keep the school running as smoothly and efficiently as it has been while keeping the best interests of the students and staff in mind.
4. I have been working with the public for over 20 years in a professional setting and know how to work to resolve issues that are favorable to both parties. I feel that I can listen with an open mind and be fair.
5. I was on our church council for 6 years, serving 1 year as President. My wife and I have been Youth Group leaders at our church for 5 years. I have been on the Parkston Area Youth Football Association board for 3 years, serving as the Treasurer for the past year. I have volunteered in many areas throughout the community the past 22 years.